- Decide on 2 or 3 different designers / dress importers to go see. Browse through magazines (and the internet is a wonderful tool) to get an idea of the styles you like. Don’t go to too many different suppliers as will cause unnecessary confusion
- Always make an appointment. And remember that if you have to pay a consultation fee it is not only for the professional advice you receive but also so that you can try on clean garments.
- Try on about 5 dresses at each supplier – do not be afraid to try on a style you would not necessarily try on normally. You need to get a good idea of what styles of dresses fit your body type. You may be surprised!!!
- Consider your skin tone and hair colour when choosing the colour of your dress. Diamond white and a pale ivory works for most skin tones BUT be careful of crisp white and strong ivories – ask you designer as they will be able to do a colour analysis for you.
- It is a good idea to discuss you accessories and veil with the designer, they will advise you as to the best options so that you can envision what you will look like on your big day.
- Discuss the costs involved – rental vs buying, additional costs such a petticoats and veils, alterations, etc. Get a comprehensive written quote
Tuesday, 31 January 2012
Tips for Dress Consultations
These are my top tips for when looking for a wedding dress: